The aim of the $20 million NRG COSIA Carbon XPRIZE is to challenge the world to reimagine what we can do with CO2 emissions by incentivizing and accelerating the development of technologies that convert CO2 into valuable products. These technologies could potentially transform how the world approaches CO2 mitigation, and reduce the cost of managing CO2.
- At the end of Round 2, up to 10 teams will win a share of a $2.5 million milestone purse.
- At the end of Round 3, 2 teams will win a $7.5 million grand prize each.
- The Competition is open to individuals and teams from around the world. *
*Note: Please view the Application Information Page for links to more details about countries that are not eligible.
OTHER KEY DATES
- July 15, 2016: Round 1 Submission Deadliine/Late Registration Deadline
- October 15, 2016: Semi-Finalists Announced/Round 2 Begins.
- August 15, 2017: Round 2 Submission Deadliine.
- December 2017: Test Facilities Open to Teams/Finalists Announced/Milestone Purses Awarded/Round 3 Begins.
- June 2019: Round 3 Operational Period Begins
- February 2020: Round 3 Operational Period Ends
- March 2020: Winners Announced/Grand Prize Purses Awarded
APPLICATION INFORMATION PAGE (Source and Photo Credit)