Babishaiku and Babishai.
- The top three winners will receive $150 each and participate in the 2016 Babishaiku mentorship programme.
- The top two winners will receive 700 USD and 300 USD respectively
- The top ten will be part of the 2016 Babishai mentorship programme and participate in various festivals across the world.
- All African poets (living in Africa), who will not have published a full-length collection of poetry by May 2016.
- The entries should be Africa themed haiku i.e. haiku about African sights and sounds. Haiku must contain clear images, settings and juxtaposition. Haiku must be concise and as brief as possible (though 17 syllable haiku are welcome).
- Submissions should follow the three- line haiku structure or form.
- All African poets ((living anywhere in the world), who will not have published a full-length collection of poetry by May 2016.
- Submissions should be original, in English and not more than 40 lines each. Local languages will be accepted only if English translations are sent alongside them.
OTHER KEY DATES
The Long list will be announced in July 2016.
The winners will be announced during the Babishai 2016 Poetry Festival, from 24-26 August 2016 at the Ndere Centre in Kampala-Kisaasi, Uganda.
APPLICATION INFORMATION PAGE
Source and Photo Credit: THE 2016 Babishaiku and Babishai Poetry Awards Website and Facebook Page