Ricoh is calling for submissions to its RICOH THETA Internet of Things (IoT) Developers Contest for a chance to win a share of 5,000,000 Japanese Yen in prizes.
- 1st prize: 1 million JP YEN for one entry
- 2nd prize: 500,000 JP YEN for three entries
- The 80th Anniversary special prizes: 300,000 JP YEN for five entries
- Honourable mention: 100,000 JP YEN (for as many entries as the judges see fit).
- The applications and gadgets should make full use of RICOH THETA. There is no restriction on the versions of THETA models used.
- Applications need to be made available for free until the Awards ceremony.
- iOS apps submitted to Apple Inc. by August 31, 2016 are eligible (based on the assumption that they will be released later). Apps modified after the deadline will be disqualified from the contest.
- Creativity (originality)
- Future outlook (potential, extensibility)
- Ease of use and practical value.
OTHER KEY DATES
Gadget Submission Deadline
Within Japan: August 31, 2016
Other Countries: September 7, 2016.
Awards ceremony: November 7, 2016
APPLICATION INFORMATION PAGE